Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G16aByT3
    • Dec 2001

Encoding AC3 with DIVX5 and GKNOT

I am trying to mux my AC3 file into a DivX5 file. For some reason I get no sound but I do get great picture I have tried many times to try and figure it out but can't. I have looked at the FAQs but I think I am missing something. I am using the GKnot 2.61 suite of apps, but no sound.

Any help would be great.

thanks

G16aByT3
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

The first thing to do would be to check whether your final AVI does contain the AC3 sound stream. Opening it in Virtualdub and going to File Information will reveal more information on it.

The second thing to do would be to make sure that you have the appropriate AC3 codec installed. Codec packs, such as Nimo or Tsunami, contain them. Alternatively, you can install a DVD player software such as PowerDVD or WinDVD.

Comment

• G16aByT3
      • Dec 2001

Well, I finally got the AC3 into the DivX file but what I noticed that the movie will go fast or slow and be out of sync with the audio. It almost looks like it is skipping frames. I am trying to encode an NTSC 16:9 anime DVD to DivX. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

G16aByT3

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Post the File Information of your DivX file here.

Comment

• G16aByT3
          • Dec 2001

Well here is the file information that I got from virtualdub. How I did this was:

1. DVD decryter 3.1.3.0 to get the vob files, but used the streams option to only get the video and the AC3 track the rest was left alone.

2. used the GKNOT faq for DivX5 to do the proessing for video, but I only did the 1st vob file instead of all 5 as it would take 5 hours to encode as a test.

3. used GKNOT to mux the AC3 with nandub.

The quality of the picture is great despite the slow and fast portions with the bad audio sync. For some reason when playing the file the video just stops dead, but the timer is still going with no audio. I tried with PowerDivX player and with WMP8 with the same results.

thanks

G16aByT3
          Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Try interleaving the audio at every 1 frame. Check that the AC3 audio has the same play length as the video, so as to avoid any potential problems.

Comment

• G16aByT3
              • Dec 2001

just to make sure that the DivX encoding was working correctly. I checked the unmuxed divx file and noticed that the video was perfect without any slow or fast motion in it assuming it was the video portion and not the audio. So now I know that when the AC3 is muxed with the divx file it causes the problem I mentioned. I will try your suggestion, but does the audio interleaving cause this problem or is it the muxing.

thanks

G16aByT3

looked at the unmuxed file and it stopped dead on a scene but the counter still went on.
              Last edited by G16aByT3; 26 Oct 2002, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• G16aByT3
                • Dec 2001

I tried interleaving with every frame and still go the same results. Any other ideas?

G16aByT3

Comment

• G16aByT3
                  • Dec 2001

I removed all of the codecs including my dvd player software. I then installed nimo pack 5.0 and gknot 26.1. I tried to encode again and I get the video freeze at a point in the movie and thats it. I tried to encode at different bitrates without any resolution to t the problem. The movie I am encoding is ghost in the machine.

thanks

G16aByT3

Comment

• G16aByT3
                    • Dec 2001

tried to encode with divx3 and it crashed doing a compress check.

G16aByT3

Comment

• G16aByT3
                      • Dec 2001

Any help here?? or am I pissing in the wind??

G16aByT3

Comment

• AuthenticAMD
                        • Oct 2002

doom9.org will help you out alot !!

Comment

Working...