X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerryC
    • Jul 2002

Encoding Problem with Xmpeg

hi all,

got a few DVD (PAL) titles: Castaway & A Knight's Tale, both had problems when trying to encode using the Divx 5.02 Pro codec under Xmpeg.

I used 2-pass for both films and when the encoding reached about ~60% finish, it got stuck and an error message came up saying "xmpeg has encountered a problem, do you want to send a report to uncle gates...blah blah blah" and of course I didn't bother.

Went back to the folder where I save the imcomplete avi and of course it contained error and wouldn't open. I also verified the ripped VOBs and all played fine before the attempt.

What else can I do? Shall i just give up or shall i try another package? thanks for help.
  • LynX-99
    • Nov 2002

Hey TerryC,

Try this:

1. Remove every divx related program from control panel>remove software

2.Delete every divx and xmpeg related value from regisrty

3. Remove every divx related files form windows/system32

REBOOT!

4. setup tsunami filfer pack (typical option)
    5. download divx pro 5.02
    6. download and setup flask mpeg 0.6 ---- not 0.594 ----

REBOOT!

Now try doing it again with flaskmpeg... If you recieve the error again try changing the encoder from divx 5.02 and divx 4 low motion....

Hope it helps!

Comment

• TerryC
      • Jul 2002

hey,

thanks for info, i'll give them a try tonight. trying to delete and reinstall everything to do with divx sound like a bit of nightmare to me , but guess there's no other way if my Xmpeg is misbehaving badly...

i'll give gordian a try and see if things improve or not and verify if GK is far superior to Xmpeg (FlasK) as most people here claimed. i'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Comment

Working...