Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matejag5
    • Oct 2002

The sound is out of sync?? Why

Here is the whole ball of wax. TMPEG, Virtual Dub(1.4), and nero are the programs I use. I have AVI files that I would like to convert to VCD format. I use TMPEG to convert these files and then burn them with nero. Ok that is fine when TMPEG will do the job but some AVI's it does not convert the sound. So I use virtual dub to convert the AVI's to DIVX 5.02(something like that) and that works. It converts them for TMPEG to be able to do it's job. The problem is that about half the AVI's that I convert using Virtual Dub the sound gets out of sync. The origonal AVI is in sync so why would it get thrown off? Sometimes the sound is off as much as 15 seconds. If there is no way to keep this from happening is there atleast an easier way to line up the sound and picture than trying to use a stopwatch? How do I keep the sound in sync? Virtual dub has many different conversion types maybe I should try something different than DIVX5.02 or is that the format that works best with TMPEG?
  • LynX-99
    • Nov 2002

SynC Problem

Hello Matejag,

I understand your problem with the un synced sound. It is indeed annoying. I belive that the problem is because of your Tmpeg configuration. Is the sound gets out of sync when you scroll through the video or it is out from the begining?

Comment

• matejag5
      • Oct 2002

The sound is out of sync before I even get to using Tmpeg. The Virtual Dub throws of the sound. I try to correct it with Tmpeg audio gap correction but the audio gap dosent seem to stay consistant for the whole clip. Virtual Dub must be the culprate. However Virtual Dub dosen't throw the sound out of sync on every AVI just about ever other 1. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

• macyman
        • Nov 2002

did you try extracting audio from avi?

Comment

Working...