Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mevan
    • Nov 2001

Subtitle skipping

I have the following problem: When I try to encode certain subtitled movies with FlaskMPEG then some subtitle captions are missing from the output file. I have tried to extract the subtitles directly from the DVD (using Subrip 0.96b) but when I open the resulting .SRT file the same subtitle captions are still missing! And of course this causes the final movie not to make sense! I have the DVD ripped to my hard drive and when I use PowerDVD XP to play it back all subtitle captions appear normally. Anyone having an idea?? Thanks in advance --and Merry Christmas!--
  • Nickmavros
    • Dec 2001

Yes I know i had experienced the same problem some times.
    There is nothing you can do about it!!At least I didn't find any way to solve it.
    The problem is within the movie itself.
    You can do something (I did it once and I am not going to try it again). There is an option to the subrip where you can save all the subtitles as bmp images,this option also creates a srt file where instead of subtitles has the names of the bmp files!!!!
    After that you can compare the two srt files (the one you created with the normal way and the one described above). You can see what lines are missing and you can isert them manually = look the appropriate bmp file and type them).

If the number of subtitles which are missing are few it is not so painfull but if the missing subtitles are too many then
    I wouldn't recomend you this way unless you are really desperate.
    I did it only once
    If anyone knows a better way I would like to see it
    Last edited by Nickmavros; 26 Dec 2001, 11:05 AM.
    ....come to take a trip with me in Future World.

Comment

• j_p80
      • Dec 2001

There is a way to solve this!

hi guys,
      I also had the same problem with some subtitles missing by encoding with any version of Flask. But I could solve this just by using the subtitle fix for the 0.6 preview version of Flask, available on the link http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...flaskmpeg.html of this site.

at last could you take a look at the subtitle problem thread I just posted?

Comment

• mevan
        • Nov 2001

Problem solved

Thanx guys. I downloaded the subfix for FlaskMPEG and now everything appears fine (slower, though!)

Comment

Working...