X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo4904
    • Nov 2002

Star Wars EpII Encoding

Hello,

I successfully ripped the VOB's using DVD decrypter. When I try to encode with flask, I get what seems to be multiple video streams within the .m2v file.

You know where is says "A long time ago, in a galaxy...."
    well it shows that, then will show in french, and then spanish.

Is this multiple video streams, or is this multiple angles.

If it is streams, can I use VOBedit or some other tool to demux them out?

If it is angles, how do i rip the VOB's with just the one angle using DVD Decrypter?

any help?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Me thinks this is a case of multiple angles, if it was multiple streams, it would have to repeat the entire movie for each language. I think .

To get DVD Decryptor to rip out the unwanted angles you have to use IFO mode.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Just to confirm khp's speculation, the first actual 2:40 of the movie is multi-angled (English, French, Spanish) - up to the point that the large, silver craft is about to reappear from within the clouds...

Comment

• Kdogg_71
        • Nov 2002

i too think its multiple angles...and i too had the same problem with dvddecrypter. use claddvd or smartripper. they both ripped it correctly for me. you'll see that, when ripped correctly, the first vob is only 880MB (approx.).

encoding will be even harder though. i used easydivx (latest version) to encode both the video and audio. the final product had an audio sync problem (almost a full minute!!). and when i tried to use ac3dec.exe to rip just the audio, it sounded like crap.

if anyone fares better, please enlighten me.

=)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"If it is angles, how do i rip the VOB's with just the one angle using DVD Decrypter?"

Under the "Tools" dropdown menu, select "Settings". Under the "General" tab, put a checkmark next to "Multi-angle Processing". For English, retain angle 1.

Just curious, if you're using Flask (any version) for conversion, why are you dealing with .M2V files? Let DVD Decrypter simply rip the .VOB files - without any demultiplexing...
          Last edited by setarip; 17 Nov 2002, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Kdogg_71
            • Nov 2002

i was wrong!!! when ripped, the first vob should be the full ~1gig size. claddvd will do it correctly.

when i ripped the movie with smartripper, and then encoded it with easydivx, the movie was turning out to be only 1:56:xx. its supposed to be 2:22:xx. anyway, because of the movie being short, i was having A/V sync problems.

use claddvd to rip. all should turn out well. =)

Comment

• gonzo4904
              • Nov 2002

Originally posted by setarip
              "If it is angles, how do i rip the VOB's with just the one angle using DVD Decrypter?"

Under the "Tools" dropdown menu, select "Settings". Under the "General" tab, put a checkmark next to "Multi-angle Processing". For English, retain angle 1.

Thanks, it turned out just to be multiple angles.
              Everything worked fine and it encoded very nicely!

Thanks Again!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...