Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dad_to_be
    • Nov 2002

DVDX 2.0 and DIVX 5.0.2 Configuration & Settings

Hi, I am new to DivX and am trying different Codec settings to see what gives me best quality (at minimum MPEG1 quality) at smallest size. I am using DVDX 2.0 to convert VOB to DIVX, and then Nero Burner to burn it onto a VCD. This way I can share the DIVX avi and make myself a VCD. I currently have the DIVX 5.0.2 codec.

Question 1: When I go to Configure DIVX 5.0.2, I want to use MPEG4 tools options (listed on DIVX Codec tab of configuration), however, that whole section is not available to me. I cannot select any of it. Is there something I need to install in order for those options to be available?

Question 2: I find the fast motion, low motion codec to be confusing. Do I need to have two separate codecs (i.e. one fast, the other one slow)? If so, please let me know what the other codec is. So far the quality seems to deteriorate significantly when the motion is fast.

Question 3: On the computer, with DIVX player, DIVX files come out with great quality, but the problem is when it is put on VCD. So far, all the settings I have used have given me a poorer quality than mpeg1 (i.e when burnt as VCD). When I get a good quality with DIVX, the file size is the same as mpeg. Is there some setting that you know of that will yield the quality as good as mpeg1 but in smaller size?

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Q1) Only Divx5 Pro support the Mpeg-4 features.

Q2) The low/fast motion version only relates to divx3.11. With divx5 it's build into one. Fast motion scenes are generally encoded at a lower quality because, quality is less noticeable durring playback, and fast motion scenes take up much much more bitrate than low motion scenes.

Q3) VCD is mpeg1. You can't put divx on a VCD.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...