X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Axemaster
    • Aug 2002

xvid to divx for vobsub

hi,

i have an xvid file which i want to use vobsub to view subs in. Only problem is, Vobsub seems only to accept Divx, since i tried with that format and it worked fine. So my question is how do i convert Xvid to a suitable format for vobsub?

btw, i have already tried changing the fourccc and saving as .avi with vobsub, but neither solution worked for me.

thanks in advance.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

I'am almost 100% sure that Directvobsub will work with any kind of avi file.

Are you trying to use DirectVobsub to display subs durring playback ?.

But to answer your question, to reencode the movie you need to load the avi file into virtualdub, select video->compression and configure the divx5 coded. But Again I think it's extremely unlikely this will solve your problem.

Some questions
    Are the .sub and .idx files named the same as the avi file ?
    Are you using wmp6.4 ? if not, use wmp6.4.
    Does the vobsub filter showup in the directshow filter graph ? (File->properties->advanced in wmp6.4)
    What does it say when you load the idx file into vobsub configure ?
    Last edited by khp; 24 Nov 2002, 04:08 PM.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Axemaster
      • Aug 2002

Hi,

I dont know how to use DirecrtVobSub to display subs... for me its only a configuration file.
      I am using a .ssa file for the subs. i tried putting these same subs on a divx video with VobSub and it worked fine. I have wpm 6.4.
      I dont load an idx file... it doesnt say anything when i mux. it just does it very fast resulting in a 150~200 kb file (clearly much smaller than the original)

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Ahh OK I see. I have to admit I have absolutly no experience with text based subtitles formats.

Try Resaving the Avi file by selecting DirectStream copy for both audio and video in virtualdub and save as a new file. Before muxing with vobsub.
        Last edited by khp; 25 Nov 2002, 11:35 AM.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Axemaster
          • Aug 2002

re

thanks! thats worked great.

Comment

Working...