Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mescalino
    • Jun 2002

english and french

i started encoding a movie that can be viewed as franch version and english version (the beginning of the story in the start of the movie is displayed as text in english or french). the problem is when you try to encode it it displays first english then french than english then french.. you get it. is there a way around this so it's all in english?
    i noticed this next day when i started encoding second time. first time i ended up with a file that was 26 Mb big no sound no picture, but the counter says it lasts 2 hours. I used nandub. any idea why this happened?
    Last edited by mescalino; 30 Nov 2002, 12:51 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You're dealing with a multi-angle video, which can be dealt with in one of two ways:

1) Rip the MOVIE FILES ONLY DVD using DVDDecrypter. Click on the "Options" dropdown menu. Click on "Settings". Select "Multiangle 1".
    Use Flask (or a variant) to convert the ripped movie by selecting "Load file" and then clicking on the first .VOB of the movie - which should cause Flask to link and load all of the related .VOBs

OR

2) Rip the ENTIRE DVD using DVDDecrypter (Make certain that ther is NO checkmark next to "Multiangles" in the "Settings" section under the "Options" dropdowwn menu). Use Flask (or a variant) to convert the ripped ENTIRE DVD. Select "Load DVD". Select the first .IFO file that shows a running time equal to that of the movie (There should be two indicating the same running time. The first for the English version, the second for the French version).

Let us know of your success ;>}
    Last edited by setarip; 30 Nov 2002, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• mescalino
      • Jun 2002

so if you don't have original dvd anymore you can do nothing about it, right?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Wrong - if you still have the ripped DVD files on your hard drive, depending on which way it was ripped, you can still use Flask in one of the two ways described...

Comment

• mescalino
          • Jun 2002

alright i got it
          thanks a lot

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...