Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • river
    • Sep 2002

FlaskMpeg "Decode Audio"

FlaskMpeg as you know comes with that option in it for decoding the audio. Since VirtualDub did not deinterlace my movies I switched to FlaskMpeg and it did but their was no sound after the movie was completed. the avi file was 851MB and 1300kbps. I choose "Decode Audio" so the sound could be attached to the movie file but their was no sound at the end. What is wrong with this picture? It seems like I never get any successful dvd rips at all. I try something new and up comes new problems fixing the old problems. what the heck!!!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You can separately extract the audio and mux it with the video you have created with Flask. Here goes:
    1. Rip audio to WAV using Graphedit/Vob2audio
    2. If you wish, you can amplify the volume of the audio using an audio editor, such as Cooledit
    3. Convert the WAV to MP3 using an mp3 encoder, such as LAME
    4. Mux the MP3, with the video you have created, using nandub

Comment

• river
      • Sep 2002

thanks for the info Enchanter. I'll go pull that stunt right now. again thanks!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

p.s. by the way, it is no stunt. It's just an alternative to better quality.

Comment

• Chrominium
          • Dec 2002

This is a common problem - u have to make sure you have the correct codec selected and you have to choose 48,000 in the FlaskMPEG panel - not 44,000 or 'same as input'

Comment

• river
            • Sep 2002

Hey Enchanter,

Now my sound starts living the video. They're not synchronized. The sound plays faster! Whats up with that? By the way, it all worked! just the sound is faster than the video.

thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

To solve the problem of off-synch audio, do the following:
              1. Load up AVI file in Virtual/nandub
              2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
              3. Under Audio, go to Interleave and input the appropriate value in the 'Delay audio track by x ms' box
              4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

In the case of the audio gradually getting more and more off-synch from the video, add the following step prior to saving the file:
              -. Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate).

Comment

Working...