Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audi
    • Sep 2002

Sharereactor Rips and other Group Rips

I have noticed that all the new sharereactor and other group rips are super high quality xvid rips. I know khp does not recommend it but then why are all the groups using it. Also what do they use to rip with xvid(gordian knot or whatever ..) and also any guides would be helpful. thnx
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: Sharereactor Rips and other Group Rips

Originally posted by audi
    I know khp does not recommend it
    Uhhhhh, that must have been one of my poorer moments. Exactly what did I say ?

I usually try to stay as impartial as possible, regarding what codec might be better. I strongly believe that everyone should make up their own minds, on this.

Although I would like to say that just because, some pirate group uses xvid, does not make it a better codec. I don't think their choice of codec is solely based on quality.
    Last edited by khp; 13 Dec 2002, 08:27 PM.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• audi
      • Sep 2002

ok then .... what would you reommend to econde with xvid cause right now im using gordian know and divx 5 and it isnt working out the greatest. Also are there any guides you can recommend.
      thnx for your time

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

IMHO the best way to encode with xvid, is to use GKnot for creating the avs file, load that into virtualdub and go.

Sure there are good guides here at the divx-digest and at doom9's.

Comment

• audi
          • Sep 2002

xvid not comming up in gknot

im following a doom9 guide and it says to select divx 4 in gknot to encode with xvid but on my gknot bitrate tab there is only divx 3 and divx 5 i dont have divx 4. i have installed all the xvid pakages and i have all the version of gknot. also in my search to find out how the groups rip, i can across a method in which UNcasms recommend which was called Nandub rips and i was wondering if anyone had expierence in those.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Rip groups do not use Divx 5.02 (pro) due to their belief that divx networks "souled" out. It has nothing to do with divx 5's technical features.

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

Re: xvid not comming up in gknot

Originally posted by audi
              im following a doom9 guide and it says to select divx 4 in gknot to encode with xvid but on my gknot bitrate tab there is only divx 3 and divx 5 i dont have divx 4.
              Doom9's xvid guide is based on an older version of GKnot, before divx5 support was added to GKnot. But it makes no difference, since we are not letting GKnot run the encoding, just select divx5 in GKnot.

Comment

• audi
                • Sep 2002

wouldnt skrew up my bitrate calculation if i select divx 5 and i use xvid. and wouldnt it keep me from getting my desired file size of 700 megs or 1400 megs

Comment

• khp
                  The Other
                  • Nov 2001

The bitrate that GKnot calculates is not used for anything when you use XVID. In fact you don't need to calculate the bitrate at all when you use 2-pass encoding with xvid. When you configure the second pass in virtualdub you set the desired filesize in the xvid codec compressor config menu. As per the guide at doom9.

Comment

Working...