Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • defecat0r
    • Dec 2002

flask/virtualdub encoding not compatible

hey guys, i'm having a problem joining divx files encoded with flask and virtualdub. I'll try and smack down all the details i can so ya know what is going on...
    I'm using divx 5.02(gain or corporate, same prob)
    flaskMPEG 0.7.8.39, virtualdub 1.4d, to check my created files i am using AVI info ( http://www.divx-digest.com/software/..._avi_info.html )
    So anyway, i've compressed LOTR and now have to recompress the credits to get it to fit on a cd. The problem is that when i cut out the credits, and recompress them in virtualdub, it now says "Cannot append segment: The video streams use incompatible compression types."
    i am SURE that i have selected the same codec in both flask and vdub. It only happens if i recompress, not when i "direct stream copy"
    "File Information" in vdub reports them as being exactly the same, but avi info shows the FOURCC codes as being "DX50" for flask and "divx" for vdub. The strange thing is, flask reports the FOURCC codec as being "DIVX" in the "Video Codec Information" but it ends up as DX50.
    There is no audio in either of the files.
    it would be nice if i could encode the credits in flask as well, but the darn thing doesn't tell you what frame number the slider bar is at.

so i'm totally stumped. I've tried pretty much everything with no luck. Will appreciate any help, thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"it would be nice if i could encode the credits in flask as well, but the darn thing doesn't tell you what frame number the slider bar is at."

Easily accomplished. From within Flask, click on the "Run" dropdown menu tab. Select "Player". Start the player. Move the slider to the beginning point of the credits. Press "Stop". Go back to the main Flask screen and select "Run Conversion".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Kevin AMD
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Dec 2002

Maby you sould recompress the movie file in virtual dub to with the same setings you used for the credits part?

P.S (I think Flask sucks) Why not try GordianKnot?
      Let's all try to help each other

Comment

• defecat0r
        • Dec 2002

nah, with 0.7 you don't get that player thing. It's sorta interated into the whole thing. Tells ya everything EXCEPT the frame number...
        but yea, maby i might give this frameserving thing a go with flask, read some tute's etc.
        The reason i don't like Gordian Knot is because it goes straight from the vob files. Flask reads the .ifo file. With some movies, LOTR included, there is some of that menu stuff at the start of the first vob. I'd rather not have to muck around with that as the ifo file has the proper video stream mapped out to start with.

Comment

Working...