Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xistential
    • Dec 2001

Burning Divx with Nero (divx to vcd)

I read the instructions, but have a question. What happens when the cd gets full? Does Nero automatically bridge the movie to a second cd? If not how do I go about breaking the movie into pieces for burning?

Is there a better way to burn the movies to cdr's then converting them?
  • Xistential
    • Dec 2001

No one wants to help a complete newbie? Seemed like a simple question(s) to answer.......

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Does Nero automatically bridge the movie to a second cd? If not how do I go about breaking the movie into pieces for burning?"

I'm fairly certain that NERO (all versions) will simply let you know that the file is too big for a CD.

You can use TMPGEnc (Select "MPEG Tools"/"Merge & Cut" from the "File" dropdown menu.) If you're splitting a VCD, make certain to change the mode from the default of simply "MPEG1" to "MPEG1-Video CD".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Xistential
        • Dec 2001

Found a much simpler method of doing what I wanted to do. I am burning the divx files to a cdr with Nero and making them autostart and play in MicroDVD. Much faster and easier then trying to convert them to vcd.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

And these play on a standalone DVD player (The reason people make VCDs and DVDs)?

Comment

• Xistential
            • Dec 2001

No they don't. I should have made it clear I was just looking to make the divx files play from a cd, that I have done. I'll be trying to make them DVD player compatible(VCD) later. More then anything I just needed to clear some HD space but wanted it to be easy to play the Divx movies on my computers, plus I can TV out from my vid card to the TV and play them that way.

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

To cut a divx file go read this guide

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
              http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"but wanted it to be easy to play the Divx movies on my computers"

All you have to do (If your system hasn't already established this) is to "associate" .AVI files with the Windows Media Player (or any other player you may have, for that matter). Then, when you doubleclick on a .AVI file, it will automatically bring up the player and start playing the video.

Try doubleclicking on a .AVI file now, to see if it's already associated with a player on your system.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...