X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zorro3D
    • Dec 2002

Divx to Mpeg2 DVD,Help

Hello,sorry for my english,i'm italian

I want to convert a divx in mpeg2 dvd quality.

I have the tmpgenc and works but is very slow;for a conversion take about 7/10 hours or more.

I have try the cinemacraft encoder and works better but only with movies in xvid,with options "dvd compliant",takes about 1 hour!

The cinemacraft encoder,with divx has some problems:

1)It don't find the "DIV3 CODEC",and i must install the divx 3.11 codec; i have the 5.02 but the cinemacraft don't start the conversion.
    2)The final resolution with the option "DVD COMPLIANT",is erroneous,is not 720x576 for DVD PAL.
    3)In some movies (divx),the final mpeg has pixel in the frames,and looks bad.

Anyone have help about this problem with cinemacraft,or know a fast method to convert a divx in mpeg2 dvd?

Please help me,thanks a lot

Goodbye
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Anyone have help about this problem with cinemacraft"

Doesn't this very expensive commercial software come with a lot of documentation?

Comment

• Zorro3D
      • Dec 2002

I have the trial version of cinemacraft and encode with logo of cinemacraft.

But is not a problem of version,because the final movie is erroneous.

In the cinemacraft guide is written to select dvd compliant for a dvd compatible resolution.

but with divx not work,works only with xvid

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have the tmpgenc and works but is very slow;for a conversion take about 7/10 hours or more."

As long as TMPGEnc works properly for you, I'd suggest that, despite the amount of time involved (after all, it's the computer's time, not yours), you stick with TMPGEnc and start your coding at bedtime - and wake up to a finished product ;>}

Comment

Working...