Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iup
    • Jan 2002

vcd2divx this may help

I am a newbie so forgive errors in terms used please.
    I have noticed a little trick being used that makes conversion awkward !
    A vcd movie on 2 cd's , the first and second cd's are different.
    I dont understand how vcds are made but I have discovered a way to still make a divx of these kind of vcd's.
    Firstly after converting the avseq files into mpeg do not join them together.
    Convert each mpeg into divx first then join the avi together etc.
    Okay , so on all 6 movies , which were from very different sources, I have noticed the exact same things on every movie.
    These being the disc 1, avseq1 , avseq2, these will not convert into divx audio 64k bits 441Khz .
    But they convert fine into mpeg layer 3 audio 96 k bits 441 khz.

The second cd avseq1 this will not convert into mpeg 3 audio 96 k bits 441khz.
    But this one converts fine into divx audio 64 k bits 441khz.

Hence you have 3 divx avi of 2 different audio types that will not join .

The answer is ,reload the avi that was made into a divx audio then convert this part again but this time into mpeg layer 3 96 k bits 441 khz.
    The 3 divx are then the same can be joined and play with nice sound and picture.

As this was my first attempts I had to play around for a while to realise what was wrong, hopefully if anyone else comes across vcd's that have been made this way then this may be of some help.

Finally the mpeg layer 3 on the first 2 avi's doesnt convert into divx audio hence why I found it to work successfully only by the method described.

No doubt experienced people would have came across this , but for other newbies it will save a lot of frustration .
    L8ter
    iup
Working...