Can someone tell me how to get around this??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whi55l
    • Jan 2002

Can someone tell me how to get around this??

im ripping Pearl Harbour to DivX, ive ripped it 3 times now, and when i go to play the file back it says that the avi that i just created is not an avi and that the file format is not supported!!

Ive heard that once an avi reaches 2gig, windows can no-longer handle avi's of such a large number....

If someone knows a way that i can still view the avi that i created it would be much appreciated....

I think the only other alternative is for me to rip it again but at a lower quality... btw does anyone know of any conversion calculators out there...

Thanks
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

If you are having trouble with the 2 GB limit just upgrade to a tool that supports openDML avi, like flask0.6 or virtualdub.

btw does anyone know of any conversion calculators out there...
    Are u kidding ? the software section is full of these things.

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If you want to use my continuing favorite, Flask 0.594PX3, to convert the ripped DVD, when you select the "Output Format Options, put a checkmatrk in the box labeled "Split Files" and change the value to 7200. This will create a series of smaller .AVIs, rather than one large (possibly greater than 1 Gig) file. This series of files can readily and perfectly be joined together sequentially in VirtualDub.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Nickmavros
        • Dec 2001

Have you tried to cut the avi into 2 or 3 smaller files.
        I have ripped Pearl Harbor into 3 cds.It's a 3 hour movie!!!!
        I guess virual dub will do that job for you.
        ....come to take a trip with me in Future World.

Comment

• whi55l
          • Jan 2002

Thanks for the help guys... especially setarip, ill have to try that, i rip most of divx's to a one huge avi file, which means once it goes past 2gig, it no longer is readable by windows, in my case win 98....

Ive never used virtualdub b4, so ill have to read up on using that..

khp..... i wasnt actually asking if there were any out there, i knda meant which ones were good, i heard that some werent very accurate thats all

Again guys thanks for ur help

Peace

Comment

Working...