X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Originally posted by I26
    ok.....point made, but what do you recommend? So far Flask 2 pass is still my choice. I still am tinkering with 3ivX.
    Uhh, I try very hard to keep my opinions to myself.

I strongly belive that you should make up your own mind.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• I26
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by khp
      Uhh, I try very hard to keep my opinions to myself.

I strongly belive that you should make up your own mind.
      WTF!! If your not going to share all ur ideas please don't share any. The thread is called "Maximum Quality Method!!!!????"
      Sorry if you take an offense but I can't stand when people say they wouldn't do this or that such of such a way but then give you no leg to stand on....IMHO its disrespectful.

Homegrown Desktop:
      P4 2.4 @ 2.7
      ATI 9700pro @ 419.4/730.8
      3dMark01--17,189
      Air Cooled System Temps @ Benchtime: 2c--MB / 4c--CPU

Dell 8600 Inspiron Laptop:
      Pentium M 1.4GHz
      NVidiaGF Go5650
      3dMark01--9,842

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by I26
        WTF!! If your not going to share all ur ideas please don't share any. The thread is called "Maximum Quality Method!!!!????"
        Sorry if you take an offense but I can't stand when people say they wouldn't do this or that such of such a way but then give you no leg to stand on....IMHO its disrespectful.
        I do not think your comments are entirely fair. In my first post I pointed out some technical details, of divx encoding, to help you make an informed decision, regarding which method you like better. But ultimatly this is your choice, and my opinions should not affect you choice.

Anyway it's not like there are a whole lot of alternatives to quality based encoding, to choose from.
        Last edited by khp; 25 Jan 2003, 02:29 PM.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To I26

Wow! You've got a short fuse - and TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED!

You've reaped the benefit of the technical expertise of "some of the best" (other than myself ;>}) at these forums - and you have the unmitigated gall of profanely expressing your displeasure at khp's personal preference to limit input to facts only?

Boy, you've really got a pair...

(My apologies for losing my "cool" to any and all, other than I26, who read this and take offense.)

Comment

• I26
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Jun 2002

Re: To I26

Originally posted by setarip
            Wow! You've got a short fuse - and TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED!

You've reaped the benefit of the technical expertise of "some of the best" (other than myself ;>}) at these forums - and you have the unmitigated gall of profanely expressing your displeasure at khp's personal preference to limit input to facts only?

Boy, you've really got a pair...

(My apologies for losing my "cool" to any and all, other than I26, who read this and take offense.)
            I already said sorry for that in that post. I came here asking for advice on what to use. He gave me reasons why not to use the methods others have mentioned. I think he could have atleast helped otherwise by not dropping the ball with just that said. Again I apologize to all who found it disrespectful...i personally meant no harm. Sometimes people take things the wrong way INCLUDING myself. With that said I hope you can forgive and put this behind us and move ahead in a more positive direction. Thanx, have a nice day!!

Homegrown Desktop:
            P4 2.4 @ 2.7
            ATI 9700pro @ 419.4/730.8
            3dMark01--17,189
            Air Cooled System Temps @ Benchtime: 2c--MB / 4c--CPU

Dell 8600 Inspiron Laptop:
            Pentium M 1.4GHz
            NVidiaGF Go5650
            3dMark01--9,842

Comment

Working...