Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenris
    • Jan 2003

asynch

I'm trying to convert a vcd to Xvid using virtualdub.
    The video playback is fine, but the audio gets out of synch when I manually fast forward or rewind the file. It plays fine if I just let it play normally.
    I've tried to speed up the framerate cause the audio gets faster than the video and I've tried the audio skew correction in virtual dub, but it still gets out of synch.

Any ideas that I could try out?
  • Fenris
    • Jan 2003

Wow!
    Thanks for all the help.
    With so many responses I could hardly find the time to read them all.

Comment

• fa147
      • Feb 2003

Hi m8,

have seen that u have/had the same problem as me, have u been able to sort out the problem, did u figure out what was going wrong.

Please let know, i know no body helped u but perhaps u can give me a few pointers as to how to resolve the problem

Cheers m8

Comment

• Fenris
        • Jan 2003

Unfortunately, I have not found a solution.
        But I did switch to the BSplayer, which helps out alot.
        Now the Xvid I created starts out fine, but then gradually gets out of synch.

Comment

• alwaysblue
          • Jan 2003

Hi, extract the audio with Virtualdub. Use these settings: under file select video file and locate your film and save it, then under audio choose full processing mode and make sure AVI audio is checked also, under conversion choose 44100HZ, under compression choose no compression (PCM), go back under file and choose save wav and give it a title and click save....the audio will get extracted. Note: at the beginning of the process you may get an error issue dealing with VBR, just click ok and ignore the error message. Now, open up TMPGE (close the wizard if it pops open) and add in your video source and your audio source and click load, a small box will pop up and there you choose your template - for me it's VideoCD(NTSCFilm), choose what's appropiate for you and click open, go then to setting and click on advanced, here you can choose the video method.....full screen (keep aspect ratio) if it's widescreen, double click on source range and here you can split the movie into parts if you wish although I've personally never done the splitting through this(I use easy video splitter to split movies), under audio gap correct at the bottom I have mine set at -1, this seems to work excellent for me. click okay and you'll be back to the main page, just click start near the top left and your done. The amount of time it takes depends on the length of your movie and your processor!!! When finished you'll have an mpeg movie that should be in full sync.

Comment

• Fenris
            • Jan 2003

Thanks for the help, but I'm trying to convert some tv shows(vcd) to XviD(avi).
            I've tried everything from changing the framerate, to using the audio skew correction in virtualdub. I even tried following a guide from vcdhelp.com, which involved changing the sampling rate of the audio. I extracted the audio to wav and then used cool edit to change the sampling rate to something like, 41,105mhz.But virtualdub won't let compress the audio into an mp3 with any sampling rate other than the default ones: 41,000mhz and 48,000mhz.
            The guide was originally for vcd problems but it said that it should work for avi's as well but I could'nt get it to work.
            Last edited by Fenris; 10 Feb 2003, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• fa147
              • Feb 2003

Actually guys, after posting that thread, i went and did some meaningful soul searching, (actually searched google, until the last pages) and found ViruaModDub which i ran extacly the same but it all went well.

So that is my recommendation VirtuaModDub

Good luck with Xviding - Ac3'in

Comment

Working...