• Show
Clear All
  • Kevin AMD
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2002

Virtual Dub => DivX Files

Dear,

I have around 100 cartoon episodes here in mpg. I want to make it Divx files. But how can I do it in 1 time so I don't have to do each files seperately. I want to do them all in 2-pass 700kpbs with 96kbps mp3.

Thanks for help,
    Kevin
    Let's all try to help each other
  • djkpsu
    • Jan 2003

I have been doing something similar to this with a load af music VCDs I bought over the past couple of years. If anyone knows of a better way, please share.

Here is what I have been doing:

1) Open VirtualDub, and Press F4 to open the Job Control window.
    2) Delete any jobs listed in the window, then close the window.
    3) Open one of the files you want to convert in VirtualDub.
    4) Setup all of your setting for the first pass.
    5) Select Save AVI, enter the name for the new file and check the box at the bottom of the window to defer processing.
    6) Next change your settings to the ones for the second pass.
    7) Again select Save AVI, enter a name and check the box to defer processing.
    8) Exit VirtualDub.

In your Virtualdub directory there is a file called VirtualDub.jobs. It contains the information for the two-pass encoding of the file you just setup.

Now you can open that file and copy and paste the settings for the two-pass encoding as many times as you need. For each paste, update the job number at the begining of job, and change the input and output file names to the other files in you collection. You should change file names four places in each job. Also update the total number of jobs at the very top of the file.

After you have added the jobs you need, open VirtualDub again and open the Job Control window. All of the jobs you added should be there. Press Start.

I have used this method several times with mostaly sucessful results. Occasionally I will get a error due to a bad mpg file, but for the most part it works smoothly.

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

u can do the same thing in nandub - i think.....if ur going for the best codec - 3.11alpha (in my opinion)

Comment

Working...