X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilmisj
    • Jan 2002

Divx - AC3

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem with merging divx movie with ac3 audio.
    I've created a perfect (it's never really perfect) divx 4.11 movie file and a good sounding ac3 audio file. When I want to merge those files with nandub or virtualdub (with ac3 support), the audio plays way to slow in the combined file. It plays like an old 44 rpm record played at 33 rpm. When I convert the avi to mpeg and merge the mpeg with the ac3 audio with tmpenc, I don't have any problem, but I don't want to convert to mpeg. Does anyone know another tool for merging these files (ac3 and avi), which really does work.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

When you tried VDub1.4C-AC3, did you change the "Audio" "Interleaving" settings in accordance with the following information provided by one of the forums' moderators?:

AC3 192 Kbits/sec, set both "Preload" and "Interleave" to 80 ms

AC3 384 Kbits/sec, set both "Preload" and "Interleave" to 160 ms

AC3 448 Kbits/sec, set both "Preload" and "Interleave" to 128 ms

Comment

• wilmisj
      • Jan 2002

No I didn't. But I will try these settings out at once.

Comment

• wilmisj
        • Jan 2002

I've tried these settings out (384kb/s). The result stays the same.
        Somehow virtualdub isn't fully ac3 compatible.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

1) Does the .AVI file that you're trying to merge with the .AC3 sountrack have its own soundtrack? If so, you might first want to create a version of the .AVI with no sound (Just load it into VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying", set "Audio" to "No Audio" and save the .AVI with a new name) and use this new file for your merging effort.

2) Since I've never had the problem you've described, and I always use the DivX 3.11 codec, if nothing else works for you, you could try originally creating the .AVI file using the 3.11 codec instead of the 4.11 codec.

Comment

Working...