Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solution
    • Feb 2003

Divx5.03 use RGB24 to encode video??

I have installed DivX 5.0.3 and found that it must use RGB24 to encode DVD (I use DVDx as encoding tools) and other mode (e.g. YUY2) will report fail when start encoding. At before I was using DivX5.0.2 and it use YUY2 mode as encoding mode, do you have the same problem? and what the difference do YUY2 and RGB24 have??
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

I do not have this issue. DivX 5.03 is the default YUY2 decoder on my system at the moment. YUY2 and RGB are two different colourspaces. There store video/images differently.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• solution
      • Feb 2003

hi The Edge~
      I think i should describe more detail about my statues. My statues just similar to another user - Tate post, which describe at this link:
      Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

I donno why, and do any other DVDx user got the same problem or not? please post your condition to share experience, thanks~

Comment

• solution
        • Feb 2003

push once~
        can anyone help me????

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

Opps, I just seen your post.
          This is a known issue.
          Get DVDx 2.1 which does not have this issue

Edge
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• The Maynard
            • Jan 2003

Sometimes I have this problem as well with both DVDx and dvd2avi. It will usually crash dvd2avi so I just use RGB24. But then again, sometimes it works too. I haven't noticed any difference between the two so I just use RGB24. Is there a big difference in quality or file size?

Comment

Working...