Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfdid
    • Feb 2003

DIVX to MPG1 sound problems

Can someone please explain a little bit about how to synch the sound on avi's using Virtual Dub. I saw an article on it one time but i've lost it. I need an explaination of Interleaving by frame or by ms.

Also, i have a divx movie i need to convert to mpg, and the conversion goes well. I cut the avi in half first using virtual dub and it gives me an audio compression warning stating that the movie's audio will be off due to compression. What do i do to prevent this? Anyways, i convert it with TMPGEnc and it works fine, i can play the movie in Windows Media Player and the audio is fine, but when i burn to a VCD, the audio is off in my DVD player....at the start, it's fine, but later on in the movie, it keeps gettin off more.....it's delayed.....thanks very much guys.
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

[quote]
    I cut the avi in half first using virtual dub and it gives me an audio compression warning stating that the movie's audio will be off due to compression. What do i do to prevent this?
    [quote]

What you do is to, goto audio > full processing mode.
    goto audio > compression and select no compression PCM.

then try to save the video...it should work.

What is the frame rate of the video? What is the sampling rate of the video?

Goto file > file information and post up everything here (like a screenshot), this will help us identify more of the problem and so we can get a clearer picture.

Techno

Comment

• jfdid
      • Feb 2003

Ok, when i load the movie into virtuall dub, i get a warning: improper VBR audio encoding and it will rewrite with standard CBR values which may introduce up to 34089ms of skew. If this is unacceptable, decompress the entire audio streama and re-encode with a Constant bitrate encoder (129.4+-18.1kbps).

So should i use full processing mode to decompress all of the audio and then while encoding to VCD in TMPGEnc, use the WAV for the audio stream? Or do i have to re-encode the audio? If so, how? If not, will the audio be on time with the movie in TMPGEnc for sure or what? Thanks a lot!

What is interleaving

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

ok, yeh:

goto video > direct stream copy
        goto audio > full processing mode
        goto audio > compression > no compression (PCM)

goto file > save as avi and save it as a new file

then open this new file and goto file > file information.

what does it say there?

Comment

Working...