• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoWbOyPoEt
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

OGG Converting

Does anyone know how I can convert an OGG file into a VCD? Can I use vurtual dub to split the files? Or can I use TMPGEnc to just directly convert?

Thax in Advance...
    AMD 2800 Barth
    1024 Gig DDR Ram
    NVidea G-Force 5600 Pro 128 MB
    Onboard sound
    2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
    lite-On LTR 16102 B
    lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

You will most probably have to convert the file to avi first. This thread talks about how this is done

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

The easiest and most compatable way I've found with OGG Vorbis audio avi's is to dump the entire avi on [b]GoldWave[/] and then save out the wave.

GoldWave can be had here

Now you can load up the avi in Nandub, V-Dub Mod or vdub-mp3-freeze etc and select "WAV Audio" and save out (or split and save out) a new avi for TMPGenc to play with.

I don't compress the wave, but leave it uncompressed as why compress it just to recompress it in TMPGenc.

If you have TMPGenc setup ok then you can just stick the avi and wave in it without going through V-Dub. If you have trouble with TMPGenc not taking the avi (with OGG) then save out in V-Dub with direct stream for video and no-audio etc (so you have a silent avi).

I hope this helps - Ndb)

Comment

Working...