X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solution
    • Feb 2003

DivX 5.0.3 new 1-pass bitrate setting~

Hi everyone~
    I have installed the new DivX 5.0.3 codec but get confues by their new bitrate setting properties...
    that is, now, DivX503 have a "1-pass" (it is a new 1-pass encode where the old 5.0.2 1-pass mode is state as "original 1-pass") which u need to enter a bitrate and a "max bitrate"~ I found that even I enter 1500 or 4000 at the bitrate and 16000 at max bitrate, the outcome quality seems the same and the filex size just difference with 3-40MB, so can anyone tell me what this new "1-pass" mode exactly doing, and what do these 2 bitrate value affect the output quality and file size??
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Unless you see some obvious quality problems, you have most probably reached the maximum possible quality.

The 'Bitrate' setting indicate your desired average birate. While the 'Max bitrate' limits the maximum allowed bitrate, durring high motionscenes.

The max bitrate setting is mostly for, encoding for streaming applications, where high bitrates might overload the connection to the source. For playback from HD on a standard PC the 'max bitrate setting is irrelevant, and should be kept at 16000kbps.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...