Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kaleef
    • Feb 2003

Picture freezes whilst using TMPgenc

Hi, I have been lurking on here for a while and fixed a lot of my problems thanks to you guys!

Anyway, I have downloaded The Bourne Identity and am having trouble converting it from avi to mpg. The movies is in two parts, the first parts encodes fine but the second part always freezes on the same frame about two thirds of the way through when encoding. The sound carries on as normal it's just the picture that stops. I can play the unconverted avi file with no problems so I'm not too sure what is going wrong.

Cheers for your help guys

Vince
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

As an experiment:

1) Load the second file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Save with a new filename

Comment

• wireneck
      • Feb 2003

same problem

Im having the same type problem with a copy of The two towers. The second half of the movie encoded fine with TMPGEnc, when i try and encode the 1st half it locks up (in the same spot everytime) says something about illegal operation.
      When i put the first half in virtual dub it brings up a msg that says something about an improper VBR encoding which it fixes and this causes the audio to get misalligned with the video if I resave. It says to decompress if this misallignment is unacepptable.
      So I dl AVI2VCD and use the decompress feature. Encode the new file with AVI2VCD and it encodes without freezing but when I playback the newly encoded mpg the audio is fine but the pictures are more like a slideshow than an animated movie if that makes sense.
      Both of the original AVI's play fine without any problem before i try and encode. ANY IDEAS or help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...