Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stoo
    • Dec 2001

sound question

as some of you no I converted ghostbuserts to divx... I now have noticed that the sound is more quiet than the origanl....
    at fist when I converted it I had a 1.38gb file becuse I dident convert the sound to mp3... after changing the sound to mp3 the file size is 530mb the pic qulity is very good but the sound isent.
    is ther a way of getting better sound but still being able to fit the film on one cd?...
    I found an artical on nickys page "fixing bad audio" in it there is a methos called fixing dull sound.
    it gose like this...
    open virtual dub
    file>open video file
    video>direct stream copy
    audio>full processing mode
    audio>conversion
    44100hz (check) hi qulity then press ok
    this is the bit Im stuck on?.. stupid it may sound but what do I do then ? do I just click play on the controls?
    Im asking becuse I dident want to sit hear and let it play all the way thrw and then find out I needed to do sumthing else....
    please help if you can....
    thanks
    stoo
  • Psycho
    • Dec 2001

My guess is that you need to go to file->Save or Save As.
    Of course I could be wrong but I am sure that you don't press the play button.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Starting with v.1.4D, VirtualDub provides a much simpler solution - Load your file into VirtualDub . Once you've set the "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode", the word "Volume" will become available from under the "Audio" dropdown menu. You can set the slider to whatever percentage of the original you desire.

IMPORTANT - Under the "Video" dropdown menu, change to "Direct Stream Processing".

save your file under a new name.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• stoo
        • Dec 2001

thanks for the help Ive tryed what you both have advised me to do but if i alter the sound it take the file size to over a gb... Im trying to keep the file size to 700mb so I can fit it all on one disk...
        Is there any way I can increasse the volume of the sound but still keep a file size of 700mb?...
        can any one suggest how I can do this or point me to an artical so I can see what to do?
        thanks again
        stewart

Comment

• maximum6
          • Nov 2001

You must also set the compression to mp3 (whatever bitrate you desire). Although it was already compressed I think virtualdub has to uncompress it before it makes any changes to your audio and doesn't automatically recompress. SO set it to compress and give it a go. Also, if you want to try re-extracting your audio, I have found that although it is certainly not the easiest method, Graphedit gives an unbelievably good quality result. Maybe you should look into that next time.

Comment

• cg24
            • Jan 2002

I'm not familiar with VirtualDub but if you use FlaskMPEG, there's an option on the Audio Player called "Dynamic Sound Compression". For range of sound on a DVD is much better than what most computer speakers can provide. By enabling this option, it "compresses" the high and low volume so that it's more consistent. You lose the nice range but at least you can hear things better.

Comment

Working...