Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uk_junglist
    • Feb 2003

tmpgenc

I have 2 movies good rips,both xvid files.when i put them thru tmpg to convert to mpeg, the mpeg audio is very blurring and robot like.but the orignal avi audio is fine. have tried different ways to solve this and had no joy as of yet.if i put the xvid file straight into nero without converting to mpeg,and let nero do it for me the sound and picture are fine,BUT then the movie is upside down(LOL) is they anyway to turn it 180 degrees in nero.can anyone help please will try anything with in reason.or maybe someone knows why the audio is bad in tmpg and can help. many thanks rob.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What is the format, frequency, and sampling rate of the original file's audiostream?

Comment

• uk_junglist
      • Feb 2003

Under the audio tab is duration and bit rate(448kbps) only no format.Under the video tab is frame rate 23 frames/second,data rate 211kbps, video sample size 24bit, video compression Angelpotion. The sound is fine until I put through tmpgnc.The video converts fine but the sound crackles.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

That would appear to be an .AC3 audiostream. If you haven't already done so, in TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• uk_junglist
          • Feb 2003

thxs setarip but i have done all that,over the last week or so,ive gone from minus 1 setting to plus 1,2, and 3 but still the sound is very robot like . any other ideas,my friends have managed to do the ring 1 of the films im having problems with ok.we used the same file,yet ive managed to do films they cant convert.all these xvid files seem to have different problems for different people and work for others.
          Last edited by uk_junglist; 22 Feb 2003, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...