Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CueMaster
    • Feb 2003

Problems with 5 Channel Audio

I've got a film that according to the info in VirtualDub has got 5 channels of audio. I want to convert it to MPG so I can burn it to vcd, but Virtualdub won't let me rip the audio to Wav like I normally do, it says "The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format."

I know it's to do with the channels, because when a film has 2 channels of sound, it works fine. So how do I get it to rip the audio so that I can put it through TMPEGENC to make my VCD?

Cheers,
    Mike.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Extract the AC3 file from the AVI, by doing the following:
    1. Open AVI in nandub
    2. Set Audio tab to Direct Stream Copy
    3. Go to File -> Save WAV... and give a name to the new file. The file will be an AC3 file, albeit with a WAV extension. Simply rename it back to AC3.

Now that you have the AC3 file, input it into BeSweet for conversion to WAV. The WAV file can then be sent into TMPGEnc for processing.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

There's no ripping or converting of the audiostream required.

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• CueMaster
        • Feb 2003

Thanks to both of you.

Enchanter, after posting this message I spent most of the night on the net trying to find solutions, and yours is the one I found for myself. I eventually went to bed leaving it running, and it was done this morning, albeit with a couple of error warnings from TMPG.

Setarip, I've just tried your solution, and that seems to work too.

Thanks.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...