X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whi55l
    • Jan 2002

Divx Split/ audio synch problem

Hi guys

Im having some problems when I try and split my Divx files where the audio is out of synch with the video

Ive tried virtually every method to split the files, including avi chop, virtualdub, nandub, avi splitter etc, but the second file is out of synch with the video... And yes i have split them at keyframes etc

Is there something im doing wrong when im encoding the files??

Even when I play the files from my harddrive and I skip to section later on in the movie, the audio is out od sync!!

Ive never experienced these sort of problems b4 until i upgraded to xp..

Oh yeah, its like the video is running heaps in front of the actual sound, if that helps

Please Help
    Last edited by whi55l; 3 Mar 2003, 10:12 PM.
  • t3ch
    H4x0r of Gibsons
    • Mar 2003

have you tried extracting the audio and remuxing it?

Also, are you actually encoding these, or is it a file you downloaded?

If you're actually encoding them, have you tried virtual dubs automatic file splitter? When you go to save the .avi put your desired value into "max file size"; vdub will do the rest for you (beware however, once or twice I've done this the first few seconds of the second half came out weird).
    OGSTH! my webpage
    ----------------------------
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• whi55l
      • Jan 2002

ok, ive just tried ripping the movie again, with the addition of more key frames... It does exactly the same thing....

Could it because i actually stop the rip b4 its actually finished the entire movie??? Ive never had problems like this b4 when using 98, but for some reason Xp, stuffs up...

I think it really has nothing to do with splitting now, as the movie will loose audio synch when I skip to a later part of the movie when using a player (media player, divx alpha 2, winamp etc)

But if i let the movie play all the way through without skipping, it wont loose audio synch....

What would be causing the problem?

Comment

• whi55l
        • Jan 2002

here is a picture of what the file information looks like under virtual dub

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Try the following method for correcting off-synch audio:

1. Load up AVI file in Virtual/nandub
          2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
          3. Under Audio, go to Interleave and input the appropriate value in the 'Delay audio track by x ms' box
          4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

In the case of the audio gradually getting more and more off-synch from the video, add the following step prior to saving the file:
          -. Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate).

Comment

Working...