• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrDarcy
    • Mar 2003

Gordian and 5.0.3

Hi everybody,
    I'm MrDarcy and I'm writing from Italy.

This is my first post since I discovered this beautiful world only a few weeks ago.

I'm aware that GK 0.27 is unable to work with DivX 5.0.3, but since it seems to be the best tool, what do you suggest to do ? Just wait a few days (weeks?) and GK will be upgraded to support 5.0.3 or it's better to remove 5.0.3 and install 5.0.2 instead?

Consider that I was thinking to buy the Pro version (I don't like hacks and 15 USD are not a problem), but this is possible only for 5.0.3.

Last question: which is the correct Forum to read about the Kiss standalone players ?

Bye !
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Divx.com forums should give you information on the KISS player.

Reading user comments it does not appear that the divx 5.03 codec has many if any benifits over divx 5.02 pro. In fact, divx 5.02 may be better (less buggy).

If you want to use divx 5.03 pro then consider using DVX (read UNCASMS's guide) instead of GKNOT.

BTW you may also be interested in discovering the xvid world. Check out the doom9.org guides and forums as well as www.xvid.org

Comment

• MrDarcy
      • Mar 2003

Hi Batman,
      thank you for your answer.

I'll certainly check out Xvid and DVX too, but I've already installed and tested at least 20 different programs in a couple of weeks, and I'm getting a little confused about all this stuff

BTW: isn't possibile to have both DivX 5.0.2 and 5.0.3 installed at the same time ? (sorry if this is a FAQ)

Regards.

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by MrDarcy
        BTW: isn't possibile to have both DivX 5.0.2 and 5.0.3 installed at the same time ?
        No, not without makeing some tricky registry tweaks.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Re: Gordian and 5.0.3

Originally posted by MrDarcy
          Consider that I was thinking to buy the Pro version (I don't like hacks and 15 USD are not a problem), but this is possible only for 5.0.3.
          The same registration code should work on both divx 5.03 and 5.02, and I am pretty sure that divx.com still has divx5.02 pro hidden somewhere on their site. I think I saw a link in the divx.com forums a few days ago.

So you should be able to buy divx5.03 and downgrade to divx5.02, without too much trouble.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• MrDarcy
            • Mar 2003

Re: Re: Gordian and 5.0.3

Originally posted by khp
            The same registration code should work on both divx 5.03 and 5.02, and I am pretty sure that divx.com still has divx5.02 pro hidden somewhere on their site. I think I saw a link in the divx.com forums a few days ago.
            Thank you khp,
            you're right !

Here are the links (I hope it's allowed to post external links in this forum):

Basic

Pro w/adware

Pro

Bye !

Comment

Working...