Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cluth
    • Mar 2003

Argh!

Just when I thought it was about to work...

I ran the Modify option in Tsunami and installed the MP3 codecs and a couple others.

VirtualDub will open the movie, but the VBR error still pops up.

NanDub will open and play the movie (the audio is a bit choppy when I previewed it).

So, in NanDub, I followed setarip's instructions, but when I get to the "Save as WAV..." part, the processing dialog blinks up on the screen for a couple tenths of a second and then goes away. I'm left with my saved file, which is just a 5 second clip of silence.

CL

Comment

• MIB
      • Mar 2003

Error decompressing video frame 31122
      An unknown error occurred [may be corrupt data].
      [error code -100]

I got this error message in virtual dub when trying to recompress video for bourne identity. Is there any fix for this?

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by cluth
        So, in NanDub, I followed setarip's instructions, but when I get to the "Save as WAV..." part, the processing dialog blinks up on the screen for a couple tenths of a second and then goes away. I'm left with my saved file, which is just a 5 second clip of silence.

CL
        You should try these steps in mamdub, because that works for me. Nandub will accept vbr audio, so you won't get that message. That doesn't mean that it is fixed, just follow setarips instructions in nandub.
        FFDShow filters
        Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• cluth
          • Mar 2003

When you typed "mamdub," is that a typo for "NanDub"? I searched for "mamdub" in google and came up with nothing.

I was following these instructions in NanDub, and that's where I got the result of an empty file being created (the file was 884KB and was just 5 seconds of silence). Also, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to when you say, "so you won't get that message" and "that doesn't mean it is fixed."

CL

Comment

• cluth
            • Mar 2003

OK, I couldn't get the audio to export in NanDub, so I followed the error message from VirtualDub, which said to export the VBR file to a uncompressed PCM, and then use that uncompressed WAV as the audio track for the video.

Now, once everything is processed, the audio begins to lag a few seconds behind the video the further you get in the movie.

Is that due to wierdness happening with VirtulDub's initial export of the VBR MP3 to WAV, or is it due to the fact that my movie has some corrupted frames that VirtualDub is cutting (I ran the video error scan)?

Just for clarification, here's what I did:

1. Open movie in VirtualDub
            2. Set audio to full processing mode and uncompressed PCM
            3. Export audio track (Save as WAV...)
            4. Scan for video errors
            5. Set video to be compressed as DivX fast with fast recompress
            6. Set audio to load from the external WAV file
            7. Set audio to be compressed (full processing) with the Lame MP3 encoder
            8. Processed movie

Result: video works fine, audio sounds good at the start, and then about 10 minutes into the movie it begins to lag behind the video.

What can I do to improve this?

CL

P.S. Speaking of all of this, in the end after everything I'm trying to end up with an MPEG-1 video file. Is there a codec I can install to bypass DivX and go straight from XviD to MPEG-1? (I was going through DivX so QuickTime Player Pro would open it and then I could save it as an MPEG-1 there.)
            Last edited by cluth; 16 Mar 2003, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• cluth
              • Mar 2003

OK, last post, I promise!!

I discovered Nicky Pages' NanDub guide and found that many of the options that NanDub should have are missing from mine, especially in the area of video compression. My SBC options submenu only has SBC Settings and Bitrate Calculator and No AVI Output, and is missing the other options shown in some of the screenshots on Nicky Pages' website.

Oh well, I've actually gotten this video to the point where I can do what I want to do with it. I was able to save it in VirtualDub and then open it in QuickTime on my Mac and save it to a MPEG-1/Toast VideoCD format (to fix the audio I opened the audio track in a sound editing program and added a half-second of silence to re-sync the audio).

I'm good to go, I just think I went the long way around.

CL

Comment

• chickeneater
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2002

Originally posted by cluth
                When you typed "mamdub," is that a typo for "NanDub"? I searched for "mamdub" in google and came up with nothing.
                yes, sorry... The m is close to the n and it was just a common mistake. sorry. :-þ
                FFDShow filters
                Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...