sound in divx playback, but nandub cannot locate the decompressor.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

sound in divx playback, but nandub cannot locate the decompressor.

When I play this movie, I get sound, but at the end the sound breaks off for about 5 minutes then comes back again.

In Nandub, it cannot loacte the decompressor, so I make a .wav file, and try and convert it to either uncompressed .wav, Ogg, or mp3. I tried besweet and it couldn't work. I have tried all kinds of audio encoders, but no luck. When I play the file, the FIRST time plays ok, but when I scroll to the deadzone, it cannot play any more.

I want to make a vcd, but TMPGEnc wont take the bad audio ( I think it is ac3 (Ndub says something about an unknown tag (2000))).
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Extract the AC3 file from the AVI, by doing the following:
    1. Open AVI in nandub
    2. Set Audio tab to Direct Stream Copy
    3. Go to File -> Save WAV... and give a name to the new file. The file will be an AC3 file, albeit with a WAV extension. Simply rename it back to AC3.

Now that you have the AC3 file, input it into BeSweet for conversion to WAV, which in turn can be input into TMPGEnc as the audio source.

Comment

• chickeneater
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2002

I got the wav and I load up besweet, and I get all the correct settings and it wont let me convert. Its says in the bottom center "transcoding", then after 5 seconds it goes to "elapsed time 0:00:00" and stays like that forever until I close the program down. most players when I play the .wav file say that It is not a good file, and one player (wmp classic) can play it, but the audio is choppy at 50 minutes and comes back after 5 minutes of silence.
      FFDShow filters

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Somethings you could try: (though I'm not sure if they will help)

-resave the file in nandub/virtualdub using direct stream copy for audio and video

-back up file, then try divfix.

Comment

• chickeneater
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2002

what I did to make it transcode (it's working) is put the directory over our network, then copy it to my computer and then load up besweet and transcode.

On the 1st computer it said that it couldn't find the output directory, but on this computer it said that it was valid. I used the "5.1 ac3-wav" is that right?
          FFDShow filters

Comment

• chickeneater
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2002

It is sone transcoding now, but when I play the wav file, it is like a clicking noise, or some sprinkler system that goes chuck chuck chuck chuck except really fast. It doesn't seem right.
            FFDShow filters

Comment

Working...