Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Discostu
    • Mar 2003

Audio Problems With Divx

I'm just getting into this and haven't had many problems but I can't figure this one out. I'm using GKnot to encode into Divx 5.03, and with this particular movie in DVD2AVI I used Dolby Digital audio. The movie looks great but when I try to jump to a different part of the movie (fast-forward) the audio cuts out. I can try going to a different part of the movie and the audio might start up again. I don't know if I'm giving enough information for the problem, like I said I am new to this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: Audio Problems With Divx

Originally posted by Discostu
    I'm using GKnot to encode into Divx 5.03
    You can't do that, GKnot doesn't work with divx5.03, only 5.02 works with divx5.02. If you use divx5.03 you must setup the encoding manually in virtualdub.

and with this particular movie in DVD2AVI I used Dolby Digital audio.
    The audio should always be set to demux all, in DVD2AVI.

The movie looks great but when I try to jump to a different part of the movie (fast-forward) the audio cuts out. I can try going to a different part of the movie and the audio might start up again.
    Assuming that the audio works, when the movie plays from start to finish, it's probably a problem with your audio filter. By Dolby Digital, I assume that you mean AC3, which would make it a problem with your AC3 playback filter.

You can find a link to the latest AC3 playback filters at doom9

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...