Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnosis
    • Apr 2003

how to convert this file to divx or to mpeg

ok i have this file which i wanted to convert to mpeg for vcd using tmpeg. now the problem is everytime i try to convert this file it hangs up at 26% and its a problem with only this file. so i tried splitting it using easy video splitter but then it gets stuck at 155 mb and doesnt give the rest. the whole file is 699 mb. so i figure something must be wrong at this point the 155 mb point. which i think is the 26 % where tmpeg hangs.i try to play it on wmp it works fine no probs at all. i try to find out the codec using gspot. the video codec is div3 (divx3 low motion) and te audio codec is
    0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3. gpot even says no errors spotted. so any way of converting it into vcd with any other program any otehr way like converting it to divx and then vcd?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sounds like you have a bad frame (or frames). Use VirtualDubMod, or similar, to find and eliminate...

Comment

• gnosis
      • Apr 2003

ok how exactly do i do that?

Comment

• Freeweed
        • Mar 2003

hi there,
        had the same problem as gnosis.
        To answer u gosis: Downloa VirtualDubMod. Open the avi file. Then Video - Scan Video stream for errors - classic scan. My Result was: "no corrupted frames" and...something like "cannot decode the file" or "uncodable file"can't remember, anyway I run GSpot to check out the codec and seems original file is a MPEG-1. Does this mean VirtualDub cannot encode MPEG-1 in Divx?
        I also tried without success Direct stream copy to cut the credits...Bythe way, I'm trying to fit the original video file (746 MB) in a CD-R 700MB...

any alternative suggestion?

peace

Comment

Working...