X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phinor
    • Apr 2003

Conversion problem

Hi.

I'm pretty new to converting videos so try to hang on while I try to explain my problem:

I have been converting these ~440mb mpeg files to a smaller avi files (divx/xvid/etc with mp3 audio) with virtualdub for a year now but few months ago when I was trying to convert just another file, the result was a horrible audio desync. No matter what I do, the audio is always few seconds late. No matter what codecs I use, no matter what options I use. Not even the "delay audio track by" option have any effect on the desync. The only way to avoid this is to insert the audio in a pure .wav format but we all know how much space that takes.

Just week ago I even formatted my hard drive and installed new Windows but no, didn't help at all. So, any ideas what's causing this little pain-in-the-ass-problem?
  • |-weaber-|
    • Mar 2003

maybe the sound in the mpg is VBR???? If so you need to convert it to CBR, this can be done with VirtualDub, by extracting the sound (Direct Stream Copy) and then import it into the video with Full Processing Mode. You may still have A/V Desync, but to solve that, use VirtualDub and change the framerate (Change so video and audio duratitions match)

Comment

• |-weaber-|
      • Mar 2003

An open source DVD/MPEG/AVI conversion and editing tools

Check these modified versions of VDub out, there is one that can open MPG files directly.

Comment

• Phinor
        • Apr 2003

Thanks for the replies, I'll try to solve the problem next weekend, Finnish army calls again so I'm gone for 4-5 days now

Comment

• Phinor
          • Apr 2003

Nope, nothing worked. Still horribly out of sync. Changing the frame rate didn't help at all either. Any more ideas

Comment

Working...