Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomaslurv
    • Apr 2003

Basic Newbie Questions Flask/DivX 5.03

Hi, I just this morning ripped and encoded my first DVD to DivX. The fact that I did it without any problems makes me think I've missed something.

I ripped my DVD using Smart Ripper, then used Flask 0.6, DivX 5.03 and the Radium MP3 codec.

1. In Flask 0.6, do I need to bother with the de-interlace feature? or should I leave it?

2. I've used the Radium MP3 codec to encode the audio. Does this mean whoever views my movie will need to install this codec also? like DivX?

My 07.22 minute long clip, 480x352 came out at around 80MB. I did it using 1500 bitrate and audio at 4800Hz, 128kbs. Does that sound about right? It looks great, works great, sounds great. Am I missing something?

thomas
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

1. For PAL DVDs and any other non-interlaced sources, there is no need at all to do deinterlacing.

2. For viewing purposes, you don't need to install any MP3 codec (Windows has a built-in MP3 DirectShow filter).

My 07.22 minute long clip, 480x352 came out at around 80MB. I did it using 1500 bitrate and audio at 4800Hz, 128kbs. Does that sound about right? It looks great, works great, sounds great. Am I missing something?
    Looks fine to me.

Comment

Working...