X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomaslurv
    • Apr 2003

Flask MPEG - Deinterlace - Blend?

Hi,
    I first ripped my NTSC DVD without selecting Deinterlace, the resulting avi has slight/tiny horizontal lines on it on certain parts, so I redid it but this time selecting Deinterlace and setting a threshold of 3. I didn't check the "blend instead of interlope" box.

I'm not really sure what settings to use here? both for the threshold and whether or not to check the blend box. Are they are kind of rules I should follow?

many thanks

thomas
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

For deinterlacing, Flask is not a good choice. Use GordianKnot or DVX instead. They will perform deinterlacing far better, in addition to the better final video quality.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Set the threshhold to 20 and put a checkmark in the "Blend instead of interpolate" box...

Comment

• thomaslurv
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by setarip
        Set the threshhold to 20 and put a checkmark in the "Blend instead of interpolate" box...
        Thanks, but can you give me an idea as to why this setting would be better than unchecked and a threshold of 3?

thomas

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Because those are the settings I have successfully used, in Flask, on interlaced videos NUMEROUS times...

Comment

Working...