X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiD
    • May 2003

Newbie0-Question

I have some divX files (.avi)
    And i want to know how to Put my divX files On to cd-rom But able to play in my dvd player if possible
    My dvd player dont support vcd or svcd Fso i need a dvd
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Re: Newbie0-Question

Originally posted by KiD
    And i want to know how to Put my divX files On to cd-rom But able to play in my dvd player if possible
    My dvd player dont support vcd or svcd Fso i need a dvd
    So you are saying that you want to transfer the video files onto CDs in their original AVI format? No conversion to VCD nor DVD?

Unless your DVD player manual states that it supports DivX playback (which is still uncommon with many sets nowadays), you are stuck with having to contend with viewing your files on the computer.

Comment

• KiD
      • May 2003

sorry .
      I only have a cd-rw and my dvd player dont support vcd or svcd
      Can i use my cd-rw to make dvds

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Can i use my cd-rw to make dvds
        No.

Otherwise, there would be no need to buy a DVD burner, would there?

A good alternative for you is to use the TV-out function (if you have one) on your video card.

Comment

• KiD
          • May 2003

Yes i have a tv-out
          i bought a wire for it yesterday
          So it pluged into a scart lead
          but i couldnt get it to work I got sound but no picture

Comment

• iq454
            • May 2003

Sound but no picture! I asume you have got the scart hooked up right?
            Video in the video and audio in audio?
            Not just the audio?
            If that's all correct then this is mainly due to the overlay in your Graphics card options, if you can, go to your Graphics card Overlay options and select "check here if you are having trouble with your TV tuner" if available.

If you don't know how to get there then follow this path,
            This is the path if you have a geforce or is probably the same path for others as well I just can't know because I own a geforce.

Go to Display settings, select monitor 2 (your TV) in the window of two monitors then select advanced, depending on what your Graphics Card is I can't tell you what will be displayed on the TAB I need you to select,

So geforce will have Geforce 2 or 4 or whatever it is.

Anyway select this, and if it's geforce it will have additional properties down the bottom, select it, then select Overlay controls up the top and make sure the "check here if you are having trouble with your TV tuner" is selected.

If still no go then try a different player or movie, make sure the movie is encoded in a different codec than the one not playing for you, just to see if its the player not supporting the codec used to encode the movie.

If still no go, go to www.divx.com

1.Download the free bundle with the new divx2.1 player.
            2.uninstall all your players and all codecs even any DVD players you have.
            3.Install DIVX pro bundle and try that.

If still no go then do this,

Buy a DVD player that plays VCD's.

I never heard of a DVD player that can't play VCD's!

Are you sure your not talking about playing burned VCD's?
            If so then you need a chip or macro vision remover in order to play your burned disks on a DVD player that does support VCD just not burned ones, just make sure the new DVD player you get is NTSC and PAL compliant, this will work for burned VCD's without a chip.

Hope this helps.
            Last edited by iq454; 4 May 2003, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• KiD
              • May 2003

No still hasnt worked i went thou the setiing and put genectic televistion on but still no luck

Comment

• iq454
                • May 2003

Then simply make your TV primary monitor, and your pc monitor can be slave...Or just buy new DVD player that supports VCD or SVCD..

If your TV is secondary it usually doesn't let you display the movie on both (usually), it has worked for me before but I forget the settings...So as a work around, I just set the TV to be the main monitor..And it worked...

Comment

Working...