Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qwaven
    • Jul 2003

Adding Subtitles?

Hello, I'm wondering if there is anyone you knows a program or programs, that will allow me to merg my filename.srt into my filename.avi Xvid file? So I can play with permanent subtitles rather than from a seperate file? OR a program that will allow me to do the same but with SVCD's instead? I'v been looking all over but all I can find are programs to change the format of the subtitle or play the subtitle with the avi file, which is not what im looking for.

Please let me know any information you can provide thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Hello, I'm wondering if there is anyone you knows a program or programs, that will allow me to merg my filename.srt into my filename.avi Xvid file?"

VirtualDub, using the (VobSub, if I remember correctly) subtitle plugin/filter...

Comment

• alucard83
      • May 2003

Or, you can use the subtitler plugin to load the ssa file. You can easily convert the srt file to ssa with a small proggie available on this site. Subtitler only reads ssa so you'll need the srt to ssa converter available on this site

Comment

• qwaven
        • Jul 2003

Hey thanks, I'll look into that

Comment

• qwaven
          • Jul 2003

Audio/Video Errors?

Hey, I have tried using VirtualDub (latest release) and when I open my Xvid file, I get the following error:

"VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CRB values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 5510 ms of scew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate 134.5 +/- 20.6 kbps)"

So I try and decompress the audio to a PCM wave file and after a little bit I get the following:

"ACM reported error on audio decompress (200)"

And the decompress fails.

I than tried encoding the video without trying to correct the audio issue and i get yet another error:

"An integer division by zero occurred in module 'xvid'...
          ...while decompressing video frame 17649 with "XviD MPEG-4 Codec" [biCompression=44495658]
          (VideoSource.cpp:1516)...
          ...while running thread "Processing" (thread.cpp:105)."

Anyone able to help me correct this? If you read from the start of this post you will understand what I am attempting to do.

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Instead of the standard VirtualDub, use NanDub (or, perhaps, VirtualDubMod) to properly handle the Variable Bitrate .MP3 audiostream...

Comment

Working...