Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbeamer
    • Jul 2003

error code -2

I am just experimenting with ripping a DVD and encoding to DIX. I have tried several different DVD's (Star Wars Phantom Menace, Emmett Otters, Monsters Inc ect) and everytime i get the same error when I begin to encode. The error is in Virtual Dub and is as follows: VideoSourceAVI error: The source image is not acceptable. (error code-2). I am using the Gordian Knot suite. I have followed the guide in the article at this site and it seems very precise so I'm not sure what is going wrong. I do notice that at the point in the guide that says to use the resolution slider to not be over .30 and above .17 my videos tend to be much higher by default and I have to drag the bar to the far right to get it in that range. I am just trying one chapter at a time as I really just want to experiment first with this. Any ideas?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

A silly question, perhaps, but since you state, "I am just experimenting with ripping a DVD and encoding to DIX", I'll ask it - have you first "ripped" (decrypted and copied to your hard drive) the DVD?

Comment

• dbeamer
      • Jul 2003

Yes I have ripped with DVDDecrypter under the ripping tab in Gordian Knot. Thanks for the reply and I appreciate any ideas anyone may have

Comment

• Milliardo
        • Aug 2003

Try using Tmpgenc instead.

Comment

• dbeamer
          • Jul 2003

Thanks for the reply. I found out that my problem is widespread with Gordian Knot users. Anyways the solution was fairly easy to implement. I'm sharing it here for others that might have the same issues.

"It sounds to me that you don't have a YV12 vfw interface. If you install Xvid or Divx 5 you will have the interface. However, that may not fix it. Try setting this registry key:

code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\VIDC.YV12--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change the value there to "xvid.dll" or "divx.dll"."

I followed this advice and it worked flawlessly

Comment

Working...