X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quicksix
    • Jan 2002

ATI All-In-Wonder....

Hi,

I have an ATI All-In-Wonder (not the 8500DV), and I am wondering whether anyone knows of a plugin or filter that will allow the playback of AC3 audio tracks in DivX movies over the S/PDIF of the ATI card. I do have AC3dec, but as far as I know, it does not allow passing of AC3 streams to the ATI card. I know that this would not be technically easy to accomplish, but I am not sure whether or not anyone has attempted it. I will appreciate any information that I can get!

Thanks In Advance!
  • eyedit
    • Apr 2004

Ati All In Wonder AC3 s/pdif output

Hey Quicksix,

You are not alone in your quest.
    I have an AIW Radeon 9000pro and I also am trying to patch out the AC3 signal thru the S/Pdif connector.
    I have found a great little player called "Media Player Classic" which allows you to configue the output filters to your hearts content. Located here

Download guliverkli for free. Media Player Classic, now part of the mpc-hc project. Home of VobSub, Media Player Classic (MPC) and other misc utils. This project is now part of the Media Player Classic - Home Cinema project, at https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/

This player really lets you tweat things allowing you to choose any combination of decode/splitter filters however I haven't figured out which filter combination pins out thru the AIW s/PDIF spigot.

I am gonna keep at it and I promise when I find the right combo I will post my results here.

Anyone with some AIW or 'MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC' patching help would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks in Advance
    Rich B

Comment

• eyedit
      • Apr 2004

ATI All in wonder Patching out AC3 thru the SPDIF connector

Update

Well I have had some success but I can't get the filters to stay setup correctly. I need some help.
      Here is my Graphedit filter path which enabled AC3 out my All In wonder's SPDIF connector. It also worked similairly with VOB file playback just using a MPEG spiltter and DVD decoder where needed.

I was able to use Classic Media Player to run this setup.
      However after other programs played DIVX and DVD content the filter path is reset.

Where is the almighty Filter Guru?
      I need some help in that department.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks This Place Rocks
      Rich

Comment

Working...