Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dimitrik
    • Aug 2003

Thanks.

If I understand it correctly, when demuxing the audio, it saves the audio in some sort of native or original format (?) and leaves the video channel bare with no audio, so you have two completely separate tracks.

Is the output any different from saving the audio as WAV with VDub/VdubMod (which only adds a WAV extension, doesn't decode the audio) and then save the video without any audio?

Is there a guide on this anywhere in the web?
    Quid agis, medice?

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

if we load a video file.

we want to seperate the audio track - we demux it and saves that track.....

however the video file loaded is stll in one piece if we wanna seperate the video track we can also do this....

if we save as a wav file - we have to make sure that full processing mode has been selected to allow it to save it as a normal wave file.

sometimes we need to demux it to solve problems like this (the one I am having)

sometimes virtualdub can have problems saving an audio track if it originally has a problem - we can try to use 3rd party tools to solve the problem on this audio track alone.....

try doing a search for guides or even look at doom9.org or uncasms's site

my site doesnt go that far in depth yet

Comment

• dimitrik
        • Aug 2003

That's very clear now, thanks!

I've just tried it and it works - I had a similar problem with a file, so I'll try my new knowledge and see if I can fix it.
        Quid agis, medice?

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

your welcome

Techno

Comment

Working...