Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madafacker
    • Sep 2003

Xvid w/ MP3 Muxing Problem

I encoded a dvd to Xvid successfully and made an mp3 for the audio and both the video and audio have the same play time. I tried muxing it together using nandub and AVI mux and I cant seem to get the audio and video to sync. I know there's a delay of -67ms for the audio and I've taken cared of that but the more into movie plays the more out of sync it is. If anyone out knows how to fix this problem I would greatly appriciate it.
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Try using VirtualDubMod instead.

If the problem persists, it could be that your audio and video frame rates are different or that your system cannot take the extra load from watching the movie.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
      Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
      From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
      Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
      Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Madafacker
        • Sep 2003

I tried what you suggested. Both interleaving and the framerate change method and so far the results are the same. The difference still increases as the movie plays. I doubt its my pc's unability to handle the load of both the video and audio. Here's the stats on the video and audio if it helps.
        Video:
        Frame size, fps: 640x480, 29.970
        # of frames (time): 52532 (29:12)
        Decompressor: Xvid Mpeg4 Codec
        Number of key frames: 387
        Min/avg/max/total key frame size: 3330/36687/101061 (13866k)
        Min/avg/max/total delta frame size: 161/3631/100912 (184936K)
        Audio:
        Length: 29:12
        128kbit, 67256 frames
        44100Hz Joint Stereo

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

I now see that you've created a VBR (Variable Bitrate) .MP3 audiostream. This is probably why you saw no difference when selecting "Change so audio and video durations match". Convert the audiostream to CBR (Constant Bitrate) .MP3, as follows, and then again try "Change so audio and video durations match":

Simply use NanDub or VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
          1) Load your original .AVI into NanDub

2)Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (NanDub only -For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Full Processing Mode")
          From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)" (NanDub only - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)")

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save WAV" is located under the "Streams" drodpown menu) (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

5) Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (NanDub - set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file. - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>click on the listed audiostream and then select "Disable").

Then close NanDub and restart it
          Set "Audio" to "No audio" (Not necessary under VirtualDubMOD)
          Load your silent .AVI
          Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
          Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Add)
          Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Direct Stream Copy")
          From the "Audio" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Streams") dropdown menu, select "Compression" (In VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Compression") and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
          From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save as") and save your file with a new filename.

Comment

• Madafacker
            • Sep 2003

Setarip, you are a GOD!! Thank you so much for your help. You have no idea how long I've been stuck w/ this problem (over a week). I appreciate the time you put into your replies.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Setarip, you are a GOD!! Thank you so much for your help."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...