• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

full screen to widescreen possible?

Does anybody know how I can change an avi into 16:9 widescreen with xvid. Is thier any difference between Kieopi's build and Nic's version of xvid. If so which 1 is best ie pro's and con's of each version. thanx.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You can do that using the standard cropping and resizing, but why would you want to do that? The video is best viewed the way it was meant to be viewed.

Comment

• FlipNautix
      • Sep 2003

Not always. Although I don't know the circumstances, sometimes I get videos will very deranged aspect ratios, so I have to crop it myself. 16:9 is probably the best one in my opinion, since all the videos I have that are under 4:3 have very unproportionate images (long skinny faces due to lack of width).

Usually, cropping a video size isn't much of a big deal, this problem is constantly an issue with ripped asian dvds and vcds.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

"sometimes I get videos will very deranged aspect ratios, so I have to crop it myself. 16:9 is probably the best one in my opinion, since all the videos I have that are under 4:3 have very unproportionate images (long skinny faces due to lack of width). "

That only suggests bad PRIOR letterboxing done on those films. In that case, it is alright to resize back to the more proper 16:9 aspect ratio (since these movies very likely were in that aspect ratio in the first place).

With TRUE 4:3 films though, you should not try and attempt altering the aspect ratio to widescreen. One possible (unwanted) result is squashed pictures (imagine fat & short people everywhere in the film).
        Last edited by Enchanter; 9 Oct 2003, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...