Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutchman
    • Jan 2002

TMPGEncVFP Plugin install

Abdul, after downloading this plugin & unzipping to the same folder as TMPGEnc is stored in I don't see the Instal.Bat file you were reffering to. I'm obviously doing something wrong but I sure don't know what?l
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

These are the files in the zip-file

And here you see them in the Tmpgenc folder:
    You need to "doubleclick" the highlighted one

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

why do u need the plug in? for MPEG2? If so, email me because I ahve solved the problem with TMPGENC. What happens is that, sometime, TMPGENC will not open any MPEG2 files at all (even before the trial runs out). It will still happen if you install a DVD codec or MPEG2 codec. But I have solved the problem and it is simple. So, Please email me:

programmer2@another.com

Thanks

Techno

Comment

• Dutchman
        • Jan 2002

Abdul, thank you, I guess I was doing it right after all. My confusion came about because my Plugin did not have the .bat suffix. It simply ended with Install. Also when I double clicked on this file it brought up a screen with a line of code at the top & only processed for about 2 seconds or less. However, after all of this I still can't open most of my movie files which I downloaded thru Morpheus.

Comment

• abdul
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Dutchman
          However, after all of this I still can't open most of my movie files which I downloaded thru Morpheus.
          But you are able to play them in a player ?.........and can you also look at them in Virtual Dub ?

Did you already try changing the AVI VFW-priority setting ?
          * open TMPGEnc
          * select options ---> environmental settings ---> VFAPI plugin tab
          * AVI VFW compatebility reader ---> set to priority 1

I don't know what is does and what it is for , but since some-one on this forum suggested it as a solution ............ it is worth trying

Comment

• Dutchman
            • Jan 2002

Abdul, yes I am able to play my movies on my computer using Windows Media Player, VirtualDub & DivX The Playa. I've tried your suggestion about changing the Priority on the AVI VFW Compatebilty Reader. but there is no way to change it from its current setting of (-2). When I go into Option, select Environment & the VFPA Plugin Tab the AVI VFW-----has a check mark in the Box to the left & the Priority is set to -2. The system will not let me change this setting, I can't even key anything into this field. I tried removing the check mark (successfully) & than tried changing the priority with the same result (unable to change).

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"However, after all of this I still can't open most of my movie files which I downloaded thru Morpheus."

Is TMPGEnc generating a specific error dialog? if so, what does it say?

Comment

• Dutchman
                • Jan 2002

Setarip, the error message occurs when I try to open the file:
                "Can not open, or unsupported"
                The movie is Shrek with the following characterizations:
                General: Type = Video Clip
                Size = 308M (323762,176 bytes), 323,764,224 bytes used.

Details: Video Format 352x288, 124865 Frames, 25,000 Frames/Sec, 63 kb/sec, Unknown Format.

Most of the movies I have downloaded have the same characteristics as above with the same problem. Only two of my movies were succesfully converted using TMPGEnc, I.E Gladiator, which had a Video Format of 352x288, 24 bits, 85692 frames, 20,000 frames/sec, 55 Kb/sec, MS-MPEG-4 V3.

I can watch all these movies on my computer using many different players, but I would like to create a VCD so I can watch these movies on my TV/DVD.
                I truly am at my wits end. The time & effort, although interesting, hardly justify the end. I have appreciated the assistance from both yourself & Abdul & the many others whose replies to other peoples questions I have read. Almost ready to give up.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"I am able to play my movies on my computer using Windows Media Player, VirtualDub & DivX The Playa"

Load it into VirtualDub. From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information". I'm fairly certain that if it is accepted by VDub, you'll see the name of the Video codec being used.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• abdul
                    • Jan 2002

to dutchman

I have looked at my resources (where i get my moviez from) and there is also a movie called Shrek

It is a SMR/cam release

So there is a good chance that this is the same movie (since the amount of Mb are about the same -around 300-)

For this movie to play you will need the SMR patch (just download the smrpatchsetup.zip)

To confirm whether or not is is a SMR release, download AVI FourCC Code Changer and load your movie into this program

Then look at what it says ....................if it says MP43 then it is a smr release

While you are having this program anyway, there will be no need for the SMR-Patch
                    'Just change the fourCC from mp43 into DIV3 or DIV4 from the dropdownbox Make sure the AVI file you want to change is not write protected.

Remember ALWAYS to do this kind of changing from a backed-up copy ................. when it works then that will be the moment to delete all the not needed stuff.

Comment

• Dutchman
                      • Jan 2002

In Virtualdub, the movie Shrek shows a Decompressor of DIVX Codec 4.12. I won't have time to try anything else since I'll be gone til Friday. Thanks for your help, Setarip & Abdul.

Comment

• abdul
                        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by setarip
                        Our (I'm sure) pleasure ;>}
                        Ditto

Comment

Working...