X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpresv
    • Oct 2003

problem with dual pass

hello

i'm trying to make a video with dual pass but the program crashes after the first pass. i am using an athlon 2400+ with winXP. for the encoding i am using both flaskMPEG (0.78) and xmpeg5.0 with divx 5.05 pro or xvid. all possible combinations lead to the same result: the program crashes after the first pass. regarding the xvid codec i may have made a mistake as i am totally new to the codec although i followed the instructions of a guide i found on the web (i think in doom9.com, don't remember). but the divx codec has rather simple settings so i can't figure out what is wrong! can anybody help me? thanx!

p.s. i always get a 16.384 kB output file
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

If the crash happens just when flask is supposed to finish the first pass (and start the second), I would suspect that flask (and Xmpeg) is the cause of the problem. I don't have much experience with newer versions of flask, but with older versions, problems like this is not unheard of. I would suspect that it might have something to do with your selection of audio compression.

The size of the avi file produced by the first pass is insignificant, the first pass is an information gathering pass, information about the video is stored in log files which are then used by the second pass. The avi file produced by the first pass is never used for anything.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• robotZER0
      • Sep 2003

When dual passing with the latest FlaskMpeg prog... under your 'advanced output' menu, click 'perform dual pass'... then under the 'output menu'... open up the divx codec menu and input the bitrate you want in 'configure first pass' and 'configure second pass'. Make sure it's the same bitrate for both... afterwards just encode as usual. The first pass will just calculate the bitrate needed for each movie, making a divx.log. Then the second pass will automatically start by taking the divx.log and using it in the second pass. Dual pass take twice as long as one pass. )

Comment

• Easier Way?
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Jan 2003

After I started doing svcds I could not get divx4.12 to work on 2 pass either. Tried v-dub and flask, was using dvd2vcd, tried re-installing divx4. Is there a conflict?. I noticed some extra divx codecs (divx4;-}fast/slow motion) had appeared but I use the original only, but can now only use single pass.

Comment

Working...