X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MindlessAwp
    Suspended
    • Oct 2003

Really hard codec problem for 5 days now

Please don't flame me if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

OK when i try playing a video, i get these really small squares like statistics all over my screen in horizontol lines. When i tried uninstalling my Windows XP and just install the ACEpro cpdec, everything worked out perfectly. But right after i installed the ATI driver / Catalyst the video problem are back! Sry if i'm a n00b but I've been trying to fix this problem for 5 days! This prblem occurs to all my videos. And btw i tried uninstalling the ACEPRO codec pack and tried kazaalite, and reinstalling it after the ATI driver and tried installing the ATI driver first and THEN installing the codec. I also tried using the GSpot tool and nothing was misconfigured. Right now i have Kazaaalite codec pack and Tsunami Filter pack installed. I also tried sniping all the bad codecs but stilll no luck. This is like my 3rd post on different forums with no luck. Here's one that i posted here http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...threadid=65376 and u can see that the ppl there couldn't help. Thnx
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try using FFDShow to play your files (for MPEG-4 AVI files only though). You might also want to try reinstalling/updating your video card driver.

Comment

• MindlessAwp
      Suspended
      • Oct 2003

i can't find m-peg 4 i just find m-peg 1 and 2 and i've tried updating the driver using Catalyst form the ati homepage... should i sell my 1 week old ATI card and buy a geforcefx? there seem to be no other way....

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I possess the ATI Radeon 8500, nVidia Geforce 2MX and nVidia Geforce FX 5200. Of these three, none gave me any problems (be they video, desktop or games) and in fact, the ATI card produced the best-looking picture (though the FX card comes close). Hence, the moral of the story is: don't be too quick to judge that the ATI card is at fault and that nVidia cards are not necessarily faultless most of the time. We shouldn't let ourselves become a 'fanboy' of either company.

Also, HAVE you tried FFDShow yet? There is nothing in your last post to indicate that you have done so.

p.s. I see you have been suspended. You have been a bad boy apparently.

Comment

Working...