Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silent Bob
    • Sep 2003

Sound out of sync

I've got a mpeg2 file that i want to convert into a divx avi but the mpeg2 file's sound goes out of sync in the first couple of minutes. Is there a program that can fix this?

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It's best to wait to adjust the synchronization AFTER you've converted the file to .AVI. That way, you're assured of having to do this only once ;>}

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Stomach
      • Oct 2003

I posted following message under conversion/encoding as new thread but after then I found this thread.. Sorry for my tech-English (I didn't know that my problem is called sound out of sync till I found that here)
      I paste here my problem description again - sorry...
      ---------
      hi there,

I have a doubt with audio when encoding .avi to mpeg2 (SVCD).
      I am doing it this way:
      - open .avi file in VirtualDub
      - load filters to resize and add subtitles
      - save wav
      - start frame server (saving .vdr file)
      - open TMPGEnc
      - in TMPGEnc open .vdr and wav file then thru the wizard I setup this:
      -SCVD PAL (I am in Poland)
      - Video type - non interlace
      - Aspect ratio - 4:3
      - rate control mode - 2-pass VBR(VBR) and using SVCD calc. setting avrg. bitrate and max bitrate and min bitrate depending on the movie length
      - Encode mode - non interlace
      - motion search precision - normal

...and when I finish encoding I receive file mpg which I drag to NERO and burn SVCD...
      ...and when playing in DVD player I note that voice is earlier then picture.. Sorry but I am just starting my adventure with encoding... (this is probably what you call sound out of sync) is there anyone who is patient and would explain me where I do mistake that voice and picture aren't played parallel but the voice earlier... maybe I use wrong bitrate calc. I really need someone to tell me a tip... please...

thanks in advance and regards to all
      stomach

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To Stomach

See my response to your other post...

Comment

Working...