Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCW
    • Jan 2002

Bugs in FlasKMPEG 0.6 Preview

Not sure if this has been done before, but this is an attempt to list all the known bugs in FlasKMPEG 0.6 Preview.

My system: Win XP, Athlon XP 1800+

1) When using the Radium codec, accessing the Configure Output screen twice cancels it. Result: No audio in your DivX. This is obviously a big problem when doing 2-pass encoding.

Note: This also happens if you try to do 2 one-pass encodings without a reboot.

Possible cure: Reboot your machine after doing the first-pass on a 2-pass encode. When doing a 1-pass make sure you don't access the "Configure Output" screen twice (it doesn't matter if you don't access the audio codec twice -- it's the screen BEFORE that causes the problem!).

2) When doing a 1-pass over multiple .vob files (using Thunder.mism) and taking into account the above problem, you get the audio encoded but no picture(!)

Possible cure: Encode on .vob at a time.

Anyone else got any more bugs? (When will these damned things be fixed??)

JCW
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

1) When using the Radium codec, accessing the Configure Output screen twice cancels it. Result: No audio in your DivX. This is obviously a big problem when doing 2-pass encoding.
    Yes Flask is very quirky when it comes audio codecs, my solution, use MPEG Layer3 or don't do audio in flask.

2) When doing a 1-pass over multiple .vob files (using Thunder.mism) and taking into account the above problem, you get the audio encoded but no picture(!)
    I suspect that this is related to your problems with audio codecs, on my win2k machine flask will crash if vorbis or radium is installed even if I don't use them in flask. At any rate I recommend using the subtitles fix instead of the thunder.mism plugin.

Possible cure: Encode on .vob at a time.
    I doubt this will work, vob files are chained together this means that the video, audio and subtitle streams are only properly initialized in the first vob file.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• JCW
      • Jan 2002

Thanks for the info, it seems the second problem was due to WMP8 in XP. I tested it on a friends WinME machine and it worked fine.

Is there not a patch that allows people with WMP8 to watch DivX movies??

Thanks,

~ JCW

Comment

Working...