Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackjack
    • Nov 2003

O right codec, where are you????

I'm not very expert, so my questions could sound a little bit stupid.

I've just bought a TV-card (terratec cinergy400). And I've got some trouble in recording. Precisely in the codec.

For example, I'd like to make a vcd, or a dvd, but in the program configuration I can't find mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 codec (only installed codecs in Windows are listed). Where can I find them???? I tried to use divx, but my computer isn't able to encode in real-time using it(CPU: P4 2.8Ghz, I thought I could do it ). With xvid it was better, but strangely the resulting avi lasts less than a second.
    With uncompressed avi the filesize is too big.
    WHAT'S THE SOLUTION???

Another little problem: while acquiring videos from TV, during scenes in movements stupid horizontal lines appear. Is there a way to make them disappear? When I'm watching Tv (not recording), I don't see them.

Thank..Thank you very...very much!!!!
  • ACIDROP
    • Aug 2002

your computer it's fast enough to compress real time divx video and mp3 audio at the same time without loosing frames!

try to give resolution 352x240 or 352x288 for video and 128kbit/s for mp3.The best solution for live capturing for avi files is virtualdub or virtualvcr.

for mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 encoding you need another program which usually you have to buy it cause this 2 codecs are not free as divx is so the solution for this is WinDVR.

good luck!

Comment

• kowderoi
      • Oct 2003

I'm pretty new at this too, but I stumbled across Doom9.net recently and ended up ransacking their downloads page. It's full of interesting things (codecs, encoders and much much more). You might want to take a look to see if anything there seems to shed some light: http://www.doom9.org

Check out their codec comparisons as well for more info on the elusive perfect codec.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...