Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ales
    • Dec 2003

subtitles rip

Hallo, I have one question. I want convert movie from DVD to Divx but I don't know how rip special subtitles.

What I mean special : I have movie in English but some conversation is in other language with subtitles. But when I want rip english subtitles with subrip I will rip complete movie, but I want rip only this special dialogs.

How can I do it ?

Thanks

Ales
  • JackT
    • Jun 2002

Those subtitles should be on a different stream, I think.

If you see mora than one subtitle stream for English try them one by one.

Beyond that, I don't see how it might be...

Comment

• Ales
      • Dec 2003

no here is only one stream for subtitles. One for each language.

Comment

• thanhvn
        • Jun 2002

my guess is that the dvd player follows the instructions in the .ifo file and turn on/off different subtitle streams as appropriate. ex: "birthday girl", i've chosen english track during playback: most dialogues are in english but some are in russian! guess what, the subtitle file is entirely in english and the russian subtitle file is entirely in russian.

if this is the case, then you have cut and join the parts of one subtitle file to other parts from another subtitle file, by using vobsub. i've never tried this, it's too devious. however, it's theoretically possible. am i wrong?

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

I agree with JackT, but, maybe, the problem is that you ripped the wrong "title" (I mean vob files, not subtitles), for example:
          when you open a DVD with SmartRipper there could be different "titles" of the same lenght; this doesn't mean that there are many movies on the DVD, but that each title has something different, like fixed subtitles: this is the case of "The Hunt For Red October"

If this is not your case, you could try the "aggressive" way: watch the movie and write down the position of the subtitles you need, rip the whole subtitle track to .srt and then open it with notepad and erase ALL lines except those that you need.
          If subs are not too many it could be very fast.

Comment

Working...